I would like to update everyone on arrangements at All Saints’ Church regarding Covid-19.
Over the past 16 months we have complied with all the regulations as we sought to enable parishioners to worship in a safe environment and I want to thank everyone for doing what we have asked of them.
The wardens and I have now met to review these measures now that what was legally mandated is now up to local decision making. We have agreed that our first priority must be to protect everyone and keep church as a safe place to attend whilst case numbers continue to increase. We do, however, want to allow for congregational singing at 11am. Therefore during the next few weeks the following measures will be in place:
- At 11am services the congregation can join in with singing the hymns, but face masks must be worn by those singing (other than the choir)
- When seated face masks may be removed
- The choir can be a little larger
Continuing unchanged at present
- Use of hand sanitiser on entry to and egress from church
- Social distancing (one metre plus rule – so alternate pews will still be out of use)
- Wearing masks whilst moving around the building
- Offering the peace from a distance
- One-way system (leaving via the vestry door at larger services)
- No refreshments after the service
- Holy Communion in one kind only and will not be introducing the chalice at this point
- Recording names and contact numbers of those attending for track and trace purposes
We will of course keep these measures under review and will communicate any changes as and when they are introduced.